The Center for Mental Health has been providing behavioral health services in Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel Counties since 1964. They are a 501(c)(3) organization and are governed by a board of directors representative of the area served.
In pursuit of the mission, the Center is guided by these values:
- We Value People: We believe each person wants to be great and that everyone has the capacity to learn, grow, and change.
- We Value Excellence: We believe in striving for excellence in all that we do.
- We Value Stewardship: We believe in making the best use of our resources in carrying out our mission.
- We Value Innovation: We believe in having the courage to develop creative and adaptable ways to provide care and to conduct business.
- We Value Recovery: We believe in person-centered care that promotes hope and resiliency.
- We Value Diversity: We believe the uniqueness of each person brings strength and opportunity to our communities.
- We Value Principled and Visionary Leadership: We believe everyone can be a leader through mentoring, teamwork, humility and personal courage.
They provide services to roughly 6,400 people each year from every age group and all over the six-county region. They also offer 24-hour emergency services at no cost to anyone who needs help. In the last year, the center responded to over 2,500 mental health emergencies.
Cost should never be a hindrance to receiving proper care and treatment for mental health and substance abuse issues. Many of their clients are on Medicaid and they offer an income-based sliding fee scale for self-pay clients. The 24-Hour Emergency Services are free of charge to everyone, even those who are not current clients of the Center at the time of the call. They also take most third-party insurance and self-paying clients.
Check out their website